Sienna Mae Gomez Return To Social Media Is Not As She Had Expected

Sienna Mae Gomez

In the turn of events, content creator Sienna Mae Gomez returned to social media, but it didn’t go well. Netizens became pretty much furious when she posted a video regarding ‘cancel culture.’

Gomez, who left the social media back in January 2022, captioned the video, ‘I Hope they cancel me.’ Her fans were happy with her return, but the reaction was not as she had expected.

Here’s more to follow.

Netizens Criticized Her For Social Media Return

Gomez was previously on a hiatus from social media for four months. Her last video upload on both Instagram and TikTok was on January 2022.

She returned to social media on May 28, 2022, posting a video where she is seen chilling at the beach. As the background audio, she used Dominic Fike’s song, Cancel Me, but netizens were not happy about it.

While the video featured the text ‘This video is brought to you by Cancel Culture,’ the internet users were pretty much dissatisfied. She had limited her comment sections, so several people poured their views on Twitter.

She was previously accused of assault by Jack Wright, which led her to receive heavy criticism. As a result, Gomez left the social media platform.

She Was Accused Of Assaulting Jack Wright

The 18-years-old TikTok star faced a significant amount of backlash after one of Jack Wright’s friends posted a statement in May 2021 alleging that Gomez had assaulted her fellow influencer.

After Wright posted a YouTube video publicly accusing her of sexual assault in January 2022, she lost millions of followers. She has since denied the accusations.

According to Wright, Gomez touched him inappropriately without his consent. Denying his accusations, she posted a lengthy statement saying she had been in love with him.

The two were reportedly dating and often used to collaborate together. Since high school, they have been close friends but never officially confirmed their relationship.

Gomez also said that she had been a target of bullying on social media following the accusations. Since then, she took a hiatus from social media before returning in late May 2022.

She Issued An Apology To Jack Wright

In her Medium blog titled ‘Sienna Mae Gomez: Reflections from an 18-Year Old Me,’ she detailed her relationship with Wright addressing his claims. In the lengthy statement, she explained that she was left devastated due to his video and denied the accusations.

She also apologized to Wright, denying all his sexual assault claims. Gomez said:

“Jack, if you are reading this: I apologize if there were times that I made you feel uncomfortable. I am sorry if anything I ever did triggered other things you have experienced or any feelings of discomfort.”

Sienna Mae Gomez: Reflections from an 18-Year Old Me/Medium (January 23, 2022)

Gomez’s representatives also denied the accusations releasing the statement to NBC News. The reps said that there was no police investigation or lawsuit between their legal team for several months.

Meanwhile, Wright stood by his claims and said that every word in his video was the truth.

Posted by
EDaily Hub

EDaily Hub thrives on facts to render articles more vividly. If you have found any errors or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.